As a dedicated advocate of Smart Specialisation and cluster-based Interregional cooperation to foster new industrial growth in EU regions, the Vanguard Initiative is thrilled to support the activities of the newly launched S3 CoP Community of Practice Secretariat
The S3 Community of Practice will support and animate the Smart Specialisation Platform and the Thematic partnerships therein and will work on building the resulting Community of Practice.
The S3 Community of Practice objectives and aims are fully aligned with those of VI, as it ultimately wants to foster development and implementation of S3 strategies, allowing fruitful interregional collaboration through projects and partnerships to take place.
The role of the S3 Community of Practice is to ensure an integrated support system to S3 practitioners at regional, national, and European level, tailored to reach the following objectives:
• Provide a main point of contact for the community of S3 practitioners and engage the S3 stakeholders in fruitful interactions
• Operate the S3 CoP website, social media, and organise events for the S3 community
• Ensure the flow and accessibility of information and knowledge on S3 generated through the analytical, advisory, and technical support, expert database, and communication activities.
• Facilitate three Working Groups on the RIS3 enabling condition key aspects (Innovation Diffusion, Industrial Transformation, Interregional Cooperation)
• Establish an Expert Group and provide ad-hoc analytical support for the development of the S3 concept
• Provide technical assistance, learning tools and advice to S3 stakeholders, in support of the design and / or implementation of S3, and /or relate to the thematic enabling condition “Good governance of national or regional Smart Specialisation Strategy”
• Provide secretariat support and animation services to S3 thematic platforms (TSSPs), as well as technical assistance to S3 thematic partnerships.
Vanguard Initiative will collaborate with Technopolis Group (lead partner), IDEA Consult, EFIS, Opix, CIVITTA, Old Continent, Teamwork, 4FRONT, ERRIN and the University of Brighton.
The official launch event of the S3 CoP Secretariat – the S3 Conference, will take place on March 30th at 09:30–16:00 CET.
To attend, register here: https://lnkd.in/dzxswV6N